Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Diamond plate for the banquet- lamb and other stuff-

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,276
Resurrected the diamond plate and was justly rewarded.  Don't post many stand-alone cooks as mine are quite pedestrian but this was quite tasty.

Thanks for lookin'
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Cap, one of my favorites as you know.  That would be killer on a paper plate.  Perfect temperature!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    @bgebrent - I'm a true novice compared with @Mattman3969 and extracting the full capabilities of the plate but I need all the help I can get.  And will gladly take it.  Next time paper for the win.  Go forth and have a great week.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    'Cap outstanding results from a championship effort. Bringing out the big guns with diamond plate, stretching the gap from yourself and the rest of us mere mortals.
    They look awesome.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That lamb looks perfect. I was raised in west Texas in cattle country. People just didn't eat lamb - but I have learned to love it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Cooked to perfection! Love that wood plate. 
    Snellville, GA

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,744
    I didn't even notice the plate. That looks absolutely wonderful.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    The plate is monkey pod wood from the Philippines.  Quite a deal a few decades ago along with San Miguel beer.  I will stop now.  =)
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Strong work cap, lamb perfectly executed.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    I love lamb chops. Those chops and everything else on the plate look great. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser