Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Follow-up to "beef rib advice"

Options
Gym
Gym Posts: 366
Thanks to everyone offering their advice for these ribs. Since most of you recommended cooking hot and fast, I figured I would try a little reverse sear with some white oak to get some smoke flavor into the meat then finish off with some high heat. It turned out well, I used "the keg" seasoning which is pretty high salt content with a little"Holy cow" 24 hours prior to cooking. They cooked much faster then expected but I pulled them at 133 ish and they were great. Although I like my meat with lots of pink in it, I wouldn't want them done any less than this. Thanks again to you all for your assistance!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Gym
    Looks mighty fine ole buddy.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Those do look good!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio