Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CyberQ Temp Ctrl way off

Options
so I'm doing an 11lb pork Butt and am using the BBQ Guru Cyber Q. I have used it with excellent control for almost the last year. This time it is keeping the temp about 25 degrees too high. Last night I lowered the set point to 205 to compensate for the discrepancy and then sometime during my sleep it still shot it up to almost 260*. 

I notice at times that it still is giving the fan output even though it is 20+ degrees too hot. I've checked the probe position and is in near middle grid, over the plate setter, definitely not getting direct heat.

Its got me stumped.  Any insight?

XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas

Comments

• Kelso
    Kelso Posts: 79
    Options
    You can see here where it shot up around 9:20am. I was asleep and I'm the only one home. Hadn't messed with it since around 6am.  
    XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas
  • Kelso
    Kelso Posts: 79
    Options
    Another thing I noticed that is abnormal is that the dome temp probe has read lower than the CyberQ grid probe. That is backward in my experience. The grid probe and grid are about 3" above the felt. 
    XL and a MM.  

League City, Texas