Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza dough question

Options
I am new to the egg. Very excited to try pizza. The family loves pizza. I have attempted before in the past to make pizza, but gave up because the dough every time sucked. Just became easier to order pizza. I'm willing to spend whatever on a good dough. I really want to make pizzas at home. I'm not really interested in having to make my own dough. Does anyone know any great doughs that can be shipped?  Open to suggestions. The wifey will be very happy also. 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Buy it from your favorite local pizza joint. I sometimes even buy it from one of the grocery stores here. Not just any store, but I found one regional chain that makes pretty good dough.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    jeff varasano

Google his pizza recipe

Immerse yourself in the passion of making pizza.   You will have frustration, you will think aboit giving up, but, if you sticl with it, there is self actualization in the pizza realm awaiting you

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Trader Joe's dough is pretty good if you have one near you.  I have used it for years.  Sometimes I make my own, sometimes I just want to pick some up.  I do agree it's worth working at making it yourself, but nothing wrong with picking up some decent pre made either.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Most grocery stores sell it around here, but I make my own.   As with any dough, leave it out for a few hours to come to room temperature before working.  

This is terrible, but one of my weakness is the Kraft pizza kit in a box, love the seasoning in there. The dough, which you only have to add water, is pretty good also. 
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)