Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Added XL BGE to the family

Options
I recently add the XL to my BGE family. I'm really enjoying the extra grid space compared to my Large BGEs.  I had all three fired up for Father's Day.  Ribs on the XL, biscuits on one Large and baked beans in the other Large.   Ah, living the dream! 

Tell me what you like about your XL BGE.  

I think it's time for another beer!
BGEing since 2003
2 Large BGEs 
Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
Living the dream in Wisconsin

Comments

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    I like the capacity of the XL. I can really load it up when using my AR. I have no regrets on my purchase of the XL rather than the large. It's nice not having to cut or contort large or longer cuts of meat. It was a tough decision between the Large and XL but I am convinced I made the right decision based on my wants and needs.I think you will be very happy with your purchase. Congrats. BTW..that's a pretty trio.

XL BGE
    MD
  • gotnorules
    Options
    Nice! I hear ya.  I like how you have that one sitting on the concrete paver, I did the exact same thing the other day .
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Edit:  Great set-up right there.  Initially failed to recognize the right answer.

@gotnorules - He also has an air gap between the XL and paver.  I would definitely go that route.  Too many fatigue failures of the wood below a BGE (even with a paver) and some of those have led to house fires.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Or you could have a 6 million $ home.    ;)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Congrats!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Or you could have a 6 million $ home.    ;)
    Does three eggs reverse the curse? Can he have both? Questions we may never know
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Totally living the dream. No prisoners dude. I like your style.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

The XL does 90% of my cooking, and at times wish I had a second XL.  Blackstone does the other 10%.

• Principalchef
    Options
    That looks really nice.  I love my XL too.   I built in an air channel in my set-up.  I'm a little jealous of the multiple eggs, but I know it's not going to happen here.  "It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you got." (Sheryl Crow)  No complaints!
    Love cooking on my XL BGE for 2, 12, or 100!
    www.principalchef.com

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    Ran into a guy at a KCBS contest last year who had two XLs mounted on a trailer. That was the sum total of his "rig" and it looked pretty tame compared to all the elaborate outfits there. But although he hasn't won a contest yet, he hasn't scored that badly either. So I guess there's really no limit to what you can do with one.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    Use my XL more than both larges, need a second
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Krughzn
    Krughzn Posts: 38
    Options
    Very nice setup. I love my XL. Like most said, I use it for 90% of my cooking. Mainly use my gasser for searing. I love the capacity. I currently have 6 rack of ribs on there now. We're all living the dream.  :):):)
    San Diego, Ca. XL BGE, 42" Lynx All Sear Grill,Thermapen, Thermopop, Adjustable Rig Combo, Maverick 733, SS Smokeware Cap, Flame Boss 200, Grill Grates.