Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest in New England

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Is there an Eggfest in New England anyore? I know a good bit of Eggheads up here in Maine. Seems like a new Eggfest would go over well around here.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    No idea. The only one I know of is the NewEggland Fest put on by Tarantin Industries in Brentwood NH. June usually. I think. They suck at promoting it. Plus it's not a very good fest anyway. I went once, 2010 or 11, no plans to go again.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    No idea. The only one I know of is the NewEggland Fest put on by Tarantin Industries in Brentwood NH. June usually. I think. They suck at promoting it. Plus it's not a very good fest anyway. I went once, 2010 or 11, no plans to go again.
    I'm not even sure that one is still going on. The wife and I went once, never again.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Powak
    Options
    Man that's too bad. Do individuals ever put them on or is it always distributers?
  • CTMike
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Powak said:
    Man that's too bad. Do individuals ever put them on or is it always distributers?
    Well there is the NC Butt Blast that happens in April each year put on by a bunch of crazy NC Eggers (@johnincarolina among others), and then there is Brisket Camp in Nawlins put on in October by a really crazy fellow (@nolaegghead). Unfortunately I am unable to attend either event this year due to outages at work.

I attended Brisket Camp last year and had an amazing time.

Maybe we need to start up something similar in New England?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Powak
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Powak said:
    Well there is the NC Butt Blast that happens in April each year put on by a bunch of crazy NC Eggers (@johnincarolina among others), and then there is Brisket Camp in Nawlins put on in October by a really crazy fellow (@nolaegghead). Unfortunately I am unable to attend either event this year due to outages at work.

I attended Brisket Camp last year and had an amazing time.

Maybe we need to start up something similar in New England?
    Now that sounds awesome!!! We need a brisket camp up here!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Pittsburgh Eggfest is this weekend. Not sure how far away you are from there. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    Maine to Pittsburgh is a long damn way. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Depends where in Maine. 
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    The eggfest in NH isn't going on anymore. My wife just got me tickets for an eggfest in Hanover MA in October for Father's Day. It's the first year that they're holding it so I have no idea if it'll be worth the drive down from Maine, but if you've got an eggfest itch it just may scratch it. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/curry-ace-paint-hardware-1st-annual-eggfest-tickets-34655256806
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    @Carolina Q - You went to the New Hampshire fest in 2011, that is where we met. I think you need to try another fest or 2, that one was not a good representative of what an eggfest really is. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @Carolina Q - You went to the New Hampshire fest in 2011, that is where we met. I think you need to try another fest or 2, that one was not a good representative of what an eggfest really is. 
    Oh, I knew where we met, just a little hazy on which year, though I could've looked. =) That was the only good part about that fest - the great people I met! You, Steve, Zip, stike, Jules, Kim and Ginny and Julia. Who am I leaving out?

Too bad all the good fests are a gazillion miles away! NH was 2 hours! And even that was too far for that fest. One of these years, maybe Hiawassee...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Depends where in Maine. 
    I live in CT and its 8 hours for me, Maine is at least two hours the other way, so I classify that as a long damn way. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.