Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to re-heat ribs

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
I have always eaten the few left over right out of the fridge. But these are going to a friend now in a home that will have to be re-heated. 
I have never done it. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sous Vide in food saver bags, to temp of choice.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Mickey
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Sous Vide in food saver bags, to temp of choice.
    Good idea but not sure one would be around. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    if he has a grill, reheat slowly in foil with a little liquid. water down some really sweet bbq sauce with some cider vinegar. get the grill hot and cook lid open. this is a basting cook with a mop constantly fipping and basting lid open, you want some flareups to bring some crust back. ive seen famous daves bbq do this at events, works well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    When doing it for myself for a weekday lunch, I just lay a damp paper towel and nuke them.  Obviously not as good as when they come off the egg, but it works.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Mickey
    Options
    Let me be clear. He is in a retirement home and his wife goes to visit him there.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Let me be clear. He is in a retirement home and his wife goes to visit him there.   
    300 in foil til warm, then broil on low in the oven would be the best bet. could pobably do the hot tub method, then broil as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Like @saluki2007 indicated, a damp paper towel on top (I do top and bottom sometimes), and microwave.  

When my Mom was in a retirement home for rehab, I took her food all the time and used their microwave.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Like @saluki2007 indicated, a damp paper towel on top (I do top and bottom sometimes), and microwave.  

When my Mom was in a retirement home for rehab, I took her food all the time and used their microwave.  
    This.  The key is to only do 1 or 2 minutes at a time on 40-50% power.  The slower cooking and the moisture help distribute the heat evenly so you don't end up with some hot ribs and some cold ones.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Mickey said:

This.  The key is to only do 1 or 2 minutes at a time on 40-50% power.  The slower cooking and the moisture help distribute the heat evenly so you don't end up with some hot ribs and some cold ones.
    Lower power is key if microwave is the only best option. They will come out pretty moist.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.