Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled BBQ Chicken and Veggies

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
BBQ sauce on grilled chicken is so tasty. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Your chicken looks good. Of all the things I cook, chicken gives me the most trouble and the least satisfaction.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Greg, YMMV, but chicken works for me when I leave it in the fridge for up to 4 hours uncovered to let the skin dry out. Then I season with just a little canola oil brushed on then your favorite seasonings that include salt. Then grill raised direct at 400. Toward the end I drop them to the lower grid to crisp the skin more. Try it that way and see if it works for you. Go to 160 breast and 180 thighs and legs. These took about 50 minutes for the big breasts and 35 minutes for the thighs but go by temp not time. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I love cooking chicken on the BGE. Raised is where it is at, for sure. I use a mustard vinegar based adding maple syrup/bourbon/Sriracha - BBQ sauce.
    Absolutely delish.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky