Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Face-Off.... or is it?

Options

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Didn't mention low and slows. Didn't do the egg justice in my opinion 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    No question that the bottom line of the report is accurate. If all you care about is burgers and hot dogs, buy the Weber and save a bunch of money.

But it's like saying that if all you care about is going to the corner store for a quart of milk, buy the Nissan Versa for $13K and save a bunch of money over the $60K Lexus.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Would be interesting to see any data that showed what percentage of kamado owners actually do use them for mostly/exclusively "grilling" burgers/steaks/dogs/chicken as opposed to "bbq-ing" butts/briskets.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I use my Weber kettle for burgers and dogs 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Would be interesting to see any data that showed what percentage of kamado owners actually do use them for mostly/exclusively "grilling" burgers/steaks/dogs/chicken as opposed to "bbq-ing" butts/briskets.
    Short of forum peeps I'd venture to say it's a good percentage. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Short of forum peeps I'd venture to say it's a good percentage. 
    I was thinking at least 75-80% 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    I use my Weber kettle for burgers and dogs 
    Me too 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • BrewerAdam
    BrewerAdam Posts: 30
    Options
    that report missed so much.....  
    L, S
    Atlanta, GA