Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: NRA Convention

Options
Anyone headed down to Atlanta this weekend?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• lbbf
    lbbf Posts: 33
    Options
    Really wish I could make it. Went to the one a few years back in Houston and had a great time. Our media made it sound like there were 100's of protesters out that day. I counted. There were 17. In the news report you could even see me in the background.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I was going to go, until I learned they aren't allowing people to carry inside the convention center.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
     kinda funny, you can carry but not in the food court =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I was going to go, until I learned they aren't allowing people to carry inside the convention center.  

Yeah they said the same thing about the two that have been in St. Louis.  Guess what, everybody was carrying.  It's a posted no carry place for Missouri (which should be illegal since the tax payers paid for it), but the signs have no legal weight.  If they catch you carrying, ask you to leave and you don't, then it's a trespassing issue and up to a $35 fine.  As far as the nra is concerned, just like gun shows, it's the insurance that makes it cost prohibitive.....so that's why they say "no ccw / loaded guns".  They can easily turn a blind eye and still be covered.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Pretty sure that when the head cheeto in charge gets there, there isn't gonna be anyone carrying that isn't a government employee with an earpiece.  If there is, there will be hell toupee.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I can't go - unfortunately I'm "working" but I have an employee heading that way.  I'm afraid he's hoping to tangle with a protester or 10.  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I told him to send me some pictures so if he comes through I'll share.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I told him to send me some pictures so if he comes through I'll share.

When it was in STL the second time, there was supposed to be a HUGE protest from a couple groups (I can't remember which ones, nor the recent event that prompted the uprising).  Either way, it was pouring down rain the first day so no one showed, and the second and third days they had about a dozen people out front.  The funniest part, crime in downtown STL was WAY down and near non-existent that weekend.....none of the thugs came out to rob, murder, or play "the knock out game" with the NRA members or their vehicles.  Any other day, you're pretty much guaranteed to be risking your life and car windows heading downtown. 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

Since #bridgepocalypse happened here in Atlanta, I've started taking the train in....  I'm thinking about stopping by just to check our the scene outside.

And @Spaightlabs, you for got the Secret Service guys with the fake arms/hands!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina yeah....false info. Nothing posted. People carrying everywhere. 

@Spaightlabs they had him off down one hall not in the area of the main floor and just had it sequestered. Irony is 2 years ago my business partner and I got a pic with him just walking around with us carrying. What a difference 2 years makes. 

I'll grab some pics tomorrow. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN