Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Final Trip to the Egg for awhile.

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
edited April 2017 in EggHead Forum
I got a little too into March Madness so I went out a blew my Achilles while drivin' the lane like a freight train!   Surgery Friday, so I limped my butt to the kitchen and SV'd 4 chicken breasts as one of my final bipedal activities for awhile..  
Covered w rosemary and garlic infused oil, added some Everglades Fish and Chicken Spice Blend.  
Into the Anova for 3hrs at 140.  
Patted them dry w some paper towels and covered w some more spices.  
Onto the MM at 400 for 75 seconds per turn.  Turned once on each side so it wasn on the egg for 75 x 4

Thanks for looking.  

Be back cooking in 6-8 weeks, but I'll be actively lurking and trolling in the meantime.  

=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Looks good man!  Take care of your bad self!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Options
    Looks good man!  Take care of your bad self!
    Thanks John.  Gotta be ready for October Madness.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    A true egghead would cook on crutches.  At least that's what I did when I was injured.  Just have the wife be your gopher for bringing the food in and out.  ;)
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Good luck brother..... bet you can't stay away from egg that long!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Nice cook. 

Guess that'll keep you outa the naked leapfrog tournament this weekend? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Them's some tasty looking eats right there. Good luck with your surgery and rehab. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune @thetrim.  Will say a prayer for you.  I agree with above.  You can't stay away from the egg that long.  After a short hiatus you will figure something out. Good luck. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just remember, there is no better time to post on the forum than when you are all hopped up on painkillers and bourbon. I've done it many times with very few regrets. :smiley:

get well ill and don't be a stranger. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just remember, there is no better time to post on the forum than when you are all hopped up on painkillers and bourbon. I've done it many times with very few regrets. :smiley:

get well ill and don't be a stranger. 
    Couldn't be said any better. B)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    I am in a boot, broken foot. Been cooking the whole time, it is like an addiction for me. This weekend I am doing wings, burgers, dogs for my daughter's graduation party. Just pull up a chair and have the wife bring out your supplies-including the alcohol. Or just have it in a bucket of ice..either works.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

@thetrim - Brother, I've got your answer to you mobility problem.  We put our patient in these ALL THE TIME for Achilles, foot, and ankle issues.  Ask your doc if they can give you an order now so they can get the delivery set-up....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    All the best on the surgery. You can still dream of egging. Some of my best cooks never happened.?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    Options

@thetrim - Brother, I've got your answer to you mobility problem.  We put our patient in these ALL THE TIME for Achilles, foot, and ankle issues.  Ask your doc if they can give you an order now so they can get the delivery set-up....

I have one of those and have been practicing on it.  Give me a couple of days, and I think I'll be ok.   Just setting the bar low on expectations.  
    I apprecaite everyone's well wishes.  This should be fun!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    Yeah, you wont be able to stay away from the Egg... Seriously, take care of yourself and don't over do it.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Please tell me you postered the defender and got and 1.
    Do what the doctors tell you, and complete the rehab. 
    Hope you get better soon, and you are ccoking pain free. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky