Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornish Hens and my 43rd way to light the fire

Options
blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971
birds got rubbed with OO, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, S and P. On the egg indirect, 350ish:

Done:

Ate them with beans, roasted carrots and roasted radishes. I swear radishes are the most under appreciated veggie.... 

I picked up a generic lighter today - like a version of the Eggniter or looftlighter. Seems pretty cool - gets a few spots burning in a few minutes. I've used so many ways to start the egg now, next I'll be trying a magnifying glass. 
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2017
    Options

That's one helluva good looking plate!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dish fit for a King. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great looking cook-and if you want to truly hit the home-run rotate it around 90* for presentation.  Then you will slide into the diamond plate society and that makes everything look and taste much better.  Trust me on this...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blind99
    Options
    @Sardonicus @Killit_and_Grillit thanks!
    @lousubcap damn you had me there... my first thought was what a great idea... then realized my plate was round... I blame the brown water ;)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Gorgeous plate!  That looks delicious.  You don't like the MAPP torch?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    Options
    @bgebrent sometime post me a pic of the mapp torch setup you use. I bought a small head/igniter that fits on a small propane canister but it sucks when turned upside down. I usually use a chimney full of charcoal on my gasser side burner - but if I forget and leave it it really makes a lot of unattended fire...
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @bgebrent sometime post me a pic of the mapp torch setup you use. I bought a small head/igniter that fits on a small propane canister but it sucks when turned upside down. I usually use a chimney full of charcoal on my gasser side burner - but if I forget and leave it it really makes a lot of unattended fire...
    This torch works great upside down.  It is refillable with propane.  Lowes or HD.  You get some sparking but I love it.

• blind99
    Options
    @bgebrent thanks buddy - that looks ideal. This thing I got worked nice, but have to plug it in. In a few months when wife forgets, I may get one of those mapp gizmos. I got the maverick torch head from firecraft awhile back - no bueno
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    blind99 said:
    This torch works great upside down.  It is refillable with propane.  Lowes or HD.  You get some sparking but I love it.

@bgebrent those pink Oakleys should be in my thread!!  ;)
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1203888/ot-your-favorite-tool#latest

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    blind99 said:

@bgebrent those pink Oakleys should be in my thread!!  ;)
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1203888/ot-your-favorite-tool#latest
    LOL, they look pink in the pic for sure!  They're actually racing red my brother.
  • blind99
    Options
    Nothing like a hot ember in the eye!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Nothing like a hot ember in the eye!
    Quit it!