Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss App question

Options
Using my Flame Boss 200 for the first time today on a 3-2-1 ribs cook. Half way through and it couldn't have been easier to set up and get going.  Temps have remained within 5 degrees for the first 3 hours. Nice!  One surprise it that I can set a temp alarm and a timer on the device itself. However, there is no option to control or set these from the online app that shows the cook data. I can control temp but that is it.  Am I missing this capability somewhere or is it just not there?  Not a big deal but surprising that this isn't part of the app as it would appear to be too easy to include it.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You can set the alarms in the app.  Click the actual temp and it will pop up an alarm edit box.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    You might have skipped logging in and/or adding your device to your log-in profile.  Check to see if you have a pencil icon next to the digital temp readouts at the top of the graph.  If it's not there, then go through the log in steps.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• firstbase
    Options
    Ah ha, found the temp alarm. Was logged in with device added, just didn't click on the right spot.  Thanks for the help. How about the timer? Is it in there somewhere?
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Timer?  I haven't seen one ... could be there, I just haven't seen it.  I use the x-axis to keep track of time.  And, my phone or TimeStick as a timer.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max