Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate warner when it's cold

Options
Miked125
Miked125 Posts: 481
edited February 2017 in EggHead Forum
anyone else use the chimney as a plate warmer?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Haven't seen that, but Julie (@Mainegg) has a wrought iron thingie that she puts up there to keep sides warm. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No, but yesterday I had a 6" plate shatter into a gazillion shards in our microwave! I was reheating a sandwich which I've done many times on that plate. I still don't know why it did! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    RRP said:
    No, but yesterday I had a 6" plate shatter into a gazillion shards in our microwave! I was reheating a sandwich which I've done many times on that plate. I still don't know why it did! 
    Never heard of that one. Must have been porous.