Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dry-aged Steak, Fine Wine, and Fries

With apologies to those of you in colder climates, it is a gorgeous 58 degrees out right now in South Florida so I wanted to be outside as much as possible.  Convinced wife that we should have steaks (OK, didn't take much convincing).

Decided on a 24 oz dry-aged Flannery porterhouse for me and a 10 oz dry-aged rib cap medallion for her. Seasoned with Morton & Bassett's Italian Seasoning and coarse Fleur de Sel.

Wine is a 2004 Saxum James Berry Vineyard Bone Rock

Fries will be Restaurant Depot seasoned fries made in the Cajun Fryer.

Steaks will be reverse seared at 350 indirect using PS woo-CI and the BGE CI grid.

Wine has mellowed considerably from its younger days, but still drinking fine.

More photos later.








Two Large Eggs, 36" Blackstone, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in SE Florida - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

  • MJGMJG Posts: 464
    Wow those steaks look stellar. Saw your other related post. May have to give that joint a bid. Standing by for updates. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,678
    Sounds like a fantastic night.  Can't wait to see the finished pics.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,077

    That's a great looking start to a fine dining experience.


    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!


  • GregWGregW Posts: 1,724
    I always enjoy seeing things I'm jealous of.
    That looks like it going to be delicious.
    Birmingham, AL
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,220
    We are hitting maybe 18 up here during the day. Enjoy being outside!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,496
    That's funny.  Most of us are jealous of the food and wine.  Being in Chicago, @blind99 is jealous of the weather.

    XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

    San Antonio, TX

  • How was the rib cap? Looks interestingly amazing 


    _______________________________________________

    XLBGE 
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,220
    Foghorn said:
    That's funny.  Most of us are jealous of the food and wine.  Being in Chicago, @blind99 is jealous of the weather.
    @Foghorn you'd better believe it. I like winter and all but right now it's 2 degrees outside.  Only thing I'm looking foreword to outside today is firing up the egg. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,496
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    That's funny.  Most of us are jealous of the food and wine.  Being in Chicago, @blind99 is jealous of the weather.
    @Foghorn you'd better believe it. I like winter and all but right now it's 2 degrees outside.  Only thing I'm looking foreword to outside today is firing up the egg. 
    Now I have a vision of you standing around your egg like a homeless man hovering over a trash can fire. 

    XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

    San Antonio, TX

  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,220
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    That's funny.  Most of us are jealous of the food and wine.  Being in Chicago, @blind99 is jealous of the weather.
    @Foghorn you'd better believe it. I like winter and all but right now it's 2 degrees outside.  Only thing I'm looking foreword to outside today is firing up the egg. 
    Now I have a vision of you standing around your egg like a homeless man hovering over a trash can fire. 
    you wouldn't be the first to accuse me of that!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,862
    Looks great
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,414
    I don't know anything about wine but those steaks look killer!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.