Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hoping for quick help

Options
Had my Large egg for 12 years now and never had this problem.  My lid on one side will not lay flat.  What do I need to adjust to lay flat.  Of course it happens today, LOL.  Right now I am able to keep the temp where I need by closing off everything else, I just want it to lay flat.  All and any help would be mu appreciated.

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Could be a band hinge problem. Mine was worn over time and I had to replace. Problem is adjusting to try and fix may make it worse but you may need to adjust the  hinge bolts and/or band bolts to try and line it up again
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Likely your band has slipped and a bit loose. If your cooking and you can adjust the vents to stay on temp don't mess with it while it's hot. After cooling you can loosen the band bolts and adjust. If it will not hold temp, go to the oven for now. Just be careful opening the dome right now until band tightness is checked. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • pressedmeat
    Options
    Thanks guys....I just think I need new bands....But I've been using the "opening as a vent, Hey it's the Egg, and I'm sure it will be fine.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Holding temp right now so egg on.  Wait until it cools and tackle it another day.  Sounds like a band slipped.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sometimes the hinge bolts loosen.  It's usually where the springs are attached to the back of the hinge. A couple wrenches andtigt mother bolts. There are three nuts so you can tighten the hinge without messing up where the spring rests. Good luck.