Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunchtime Rib Smack Down

Options
JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I returned to work this week to find out that we are having a rib cook off tomorrow. Of course they had already put my name on the list. Something about too many pictures of food and not enough food. I'm doing a 3-1-1 but I'm planning on doing the final 1 hour direct at work on the small. I'm doing the first 3-1 tonight and then putting into the refrigerator until tomorrow. Any issues with this idea? I am of course using DP Tsunami Spin as my rub since that is the family favorite. I'll be using my homemade raspberry chipolte sauce as the final glaze. Hopefully I'll get some pictures. They have issues with cameras where I work.[p]John

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    JM3, When your done witht he 3 hour thing cut the ribs in racks of 4-5. Do the 1 hour thing with the ribs in a foiled covered alum container, when they come off let them rest a bit before putting them in the fridge. The day of the cook, get them warmed up in the house oven set at about 175, just enough to melt any fat in the pan and on the ribs. Now you set for the grillin'

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    tach18k,
    Unfortunately we don't have an oven at work so I don't have that option. Just about to go into foil. I already cut the spares in half when I first put them on so that they will fit on the small.[p] Thanks for the advice.[p]John