Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Winner Winner Brisket Dinner!

Options
First brisket done on the egg, and first one in probably 5 or 6 years. 15.7 pound primer packer from Costco, probably 13 pounds trimmed. Ran for 14 hours at 250-275, naked cook the entire time. FTC'd for about 4 hours before serving, guests loved it. 

Thanks for all of the tips and insight I've learned here!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great cook and result right there.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Need definition for "FTC'd"
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Need definition for "FTC'd"

Foil, towel, cooler. Wrap it in foil when its done and place in a cooler lined with towels. Allows you to hold your brisket in case you finish before its time to eat.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Wow - great cook there!
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    Cooler lined with towels?   When I did my first, I wrapped it in foil, and then wrapped it in towels......did that make a difference to my disaster by wrapping it in towels instead of just lining the cooler with towels?
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • HellrodKC
    HellrodKC Posts: 174
    Options
    Cooler lined with towels?   When I did my first, I wrapped it in foil, and then wrapped it in towels......did that make a difference to my disaster by wrapping it in towels instead of just lining the cooler with towels?
    I wrap in foil and then wrap in a towel, I don't think it makes much difference.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I wrap in foil, then put into a clean trash bag because foil leaks. Then put in cooler and stuff with towels.  Holds it at food safe temp for HOURS and let's the meat continue to tenderize. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.