Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help With Berkie Ham

Options
So I bought an entire berkie from a coworker. Looking to cook one of the hams tonight and could use some pointers. 

Sides will be mashed cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce. 

Thanks. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    This may help. I still haven't done a fresh ham. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1193066/smoking-a-fresh-ham#latest

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Thanks for the link, but this ham is cured, i.e. able to eat it as is. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    You can cook a city ham the same way as a green ham, fwiw

I wouldn't go much higher than 140 on a cured ham, 150 for green. But the same temp/smoke/glaze works fine
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I ended just baking it in the oven, didn't have any motivation to go fire up one of the Eggs. A crime, I know. 

I will say it came out very tasty. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    All good sometimes you just don't have it in you--no crime. better safe than falling asleep at the wheel and burning up the meat
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.