Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nice night for a Porterhouse!

Options
Wife wanted a Porterhouse tonight so being the good husband I am I said why not!  Picked up a nice 22 oz. at the local butcher, a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and EVOO rubbed in then a healthy coat of Dizzy Pig Redeye Express!  600 degree dome temp 5 minutes a side on cast iron grid, came out a little overdone but you can't really mess this steak up and she likes her filet medium, so pretty much a win win!  Happy Saturday all!

Comments

• tikigriller
    Options
    Happy Saturday indeed!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    nice!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Ditto above^^^^^^

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice steak, bet it was delicious 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Your martyrdom knows no bounds.  Way to be a good obedient husband.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Probably my favorite cut of cow.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow