Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Backwoods Fatboy G2 for sale locally

Options
i own a few BGE already but am pretty intrigued by this. The price looks right , any feedback on the cooker? Is this like the verticals some here use or not really because it's not a vertical stick burner? 

Id just have to rent a trailer, get a wiring harness and go get it. 

Thanks.
Seattle, WA

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I want one bad, I just don't have the space. @Lit has one. He uses it as a stick burner from time to time.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    It's not a need but would be fun to cook on I imagine. Staying tuned for some more feedback. Hauling will be a pain but I'd make it work . 
    Seattle, WA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I put my regular fatboy in the back of my 4 runner it'll fit an a SUV. It's really heavy you will need 2 people in good shape or 3 would be better. You can run it as a stick burner for sure you just have to play around with it and learn. The G2 would be nice it will easily hold full pans.
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    Thanks Lit... I did a search too once I saw Eggs post and found more info in this forum. I measured my highlander 2010 though and don't think it will fit. 
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
     any feedback on the cooker? 

Just a few points worthy of mentioning. The 2007 Jack was won by team Moonswiners who used a single Fatboy for all 4 categories. The winningest woman in BBQ, and one of the best whole hog cooks in the world uses a Backwoods Pro Hog Comp smoker. The reverse flow design (down draft) on all vertical cabinets (not offsets) is a direct copy of the original Backwoods design. The concept of reverse flow in a cabinet was a Backwoods original design. All others are a copy, or at a minimum an indirect copy. Some builders use the side walls instead of the rear wall for the draft ports. However the flow works the very same- top to bottom. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SkinnyV
    Options
    Great info thanks folks.
    Seattle, WA
  • StL_Mike
    Options
    I cooked on a Backwoods modified Party for 10 years before buying my egg - awful good cooker.  - Mike