Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You got to pay taxes in Texas

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674

John Mueller Meat Co. closed by state for non-payment of taxes 

August 19, 2016 
| Filed in: Uncategorized

State officials posted signs at John Mueller Meat Co. at 2500 E. Sixth St. early Friday saying that the business was closed due to non-payment of taxes.

A sign on Friday at John Mueller Meat Co Photo by Phil JankowskiAmerican-Statesman

A sign on Friday at John Mueller Meat Co. Photo by Phil Jankowski/American-Statesman

The barbecue trailer from the grandson of late Texas barbecue scion Louie Mueller is now closed, though Mueller says he plans to be back open and operational by Thursday of next week.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Saw that yesterday. He's a hell of a BBQ cook. And that is all. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Do you know how much time has to pass before the Gov't or the IRS finally shuts you down. I don't know what happened behind the scenes , but surly the proprietor of this business could have worked something out. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Do you know how much time has to pass before the Gov't or the IRS finally shuts you down. I don't know what happened behind the scenes , but surly the proprietor of this business could have worked something out. 
    Surely he could have. 

But apparently didn't 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Surely he could have. 

But apparently didn't 
    Yes. My point exactly. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Apparently he owes about $93K in unpaid sales taxes.

http://austin.eater.com/2016/8/19/12556448/john-mueller-meat-company-seized
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk