Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I found a diamond plate-and cooked some food

Options
Don't often put a cook together and this hardly qualifies except for the diamond plate (apologies to @Mattman3969 who has the plate market cornered).
Sandwiched pork tenderloins stuffed with artichoke, spinach, onion and cheese; a few Yukon gold potatoes and some zucc and squash.  Dang near too healthy for me.

It will likely be quite a while before the next one.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2016
    Options

Brilliant.  Never thought of giving my square plates a quarter turn to make some diamond plates.  Way more "chefy" lol.

Food looks great.  I've never stuffed a tenderloin - probably about time.

Phoenix 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Damn Cap you got me and the plate figured out!!!    Very nice meal too!   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks great from here brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Mattman3969 - You truly own the plate presentation and rightfully so but since I had a chance to pull one together I thought I would go for it.  And the only reason it was posted as a stand-alone cook (instead of  "what are you doing right now') was the plate and the fact that SWMBO wasn't here to bit-h about food pics.  Gotta strike while the iron is hot.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    In all seriousness the food combo sounds right up my alley.  I would like to see more of your cooks. Just a hint on the diamond plate, always rotate to the left or it won't look right.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Mattman3969 - I am now practicing the left is right and right is wrong maneuver.  There's a reason I don't do diamond plates often.  ;)  "Who's on first..."
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Clever salty subman. Eggcellent!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    You guys... Y'all crack me up. Nice meal. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me brother Cap.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great cook, and presentation ! I wonder if there are any diamond shaped paper plates I can use during my kitchen rehab?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Hah! Nice cook cap! Those diamond shaped plates always make me laugh. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle