Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - It aint an EGG but....

Options
I thought I post some pictures from the past Sundays cook. 

18Lb brisket
(2) 9 lb butts
3 racks of babies
6 lbs of sausage
and chicken breasts taking a butter bath with wing sauce....

Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Very nice. Looks excellent.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Outstanding.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    What model unit is that?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Looks like a fine collection of protein !!!!  I'd like to sit down at that table !!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like some great eats for a while!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Wow nice smoker! Definitely interested in hearing a little more about it. The food looks great!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Looks like a battle Box?
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Wowza!!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    It is a Stumps Smoker...manufactured in Watkinville, GA...I've owned 3...the "baby",the "stretch", and this is the "baby XL". Best smoker on the market, and he will paint them any color you wish with the correct ppg code, even egg green. While you CAN do high temp cooks with the Stumps, IMO the egg is MUCH better for fish, burgers, steaks, and basically everything else on my large egg when a smaller cooking footprint is wanted.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that all looks great.  Are you making this for a special occasion or just stocking the freezer for future meals?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• billt01
    Options
    Stocking the ol chest freezer....
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You know I am not THAT far from Henry county. If you need a taster let me know. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @billt01. Do you have a method in reheating those ribs?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Awesome. I'm seriously going to look into Stumps. Thanks for posting. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Good food is good food, no matter how you bring it to the table.  Bravo.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• billt01
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @billt01. Do you have a method in reheating those ribs?
    Reheat at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes tented in a cookie sheet with a bit of apple juice 
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    That's a nice looking cooker.  I decided to go with a Shirley RF instead of a cabinet model.

What kind of sausage is that?--do you get the cajun or regular?
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • billt01
    Options
    chrisc133 said:
    That's a nice looking cooker.  I decided to go with a Shirley RF instead of a cabinet model.

What kind of sausage is that?--do you get the cajun or regular?
    Conecuh regular...its pretty tasty...

As far as the smokers go...

I have had or cooked on about every type..Cookshack, Lang, Stumps, FEC, Backwoods, Jambo, Yoder...

I found the Stumps to be the best as far as temperature regulation.
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    You know I am not THAT far from Henry county. If you need a taster let me know. 

John - I'm just down the road and am thinking my invite was lost in the mail.....

Kidding, @billt01!  Killer looking proteins!!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!