Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shepard's Pie. From a box.

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
I love cooking from scratch, but always keep a couple cans of soup and frozen things for those days I don't have the time or energy.  This afternoon I wanted something easy, so tried this Velveeta box dinner.  Browned a lb of hamburger, added dehydrated veg, seasonings & water, simmered a bit, then added plastic velveeta cheese sauce and instant potatoes on top. To salvage what I could (and not heat up the kitchen) I cooked it on the Egg with oak smoke.  Covered it and let it rest 15 minutes before digging in.
The smoke smell that hit me when I removed the lid was glorious; the dish itself not so much, but was edible.  Will definitely Egg some Shepard's Pie in the future, but homemade next time.
Oh, and a note to Kraft, Stouffer's, Birdseye, et al: If the mix requires added milk, please don't just print "Just Add Beef" on the front of the box; a lot of us Career Bachelors don't normally have milk in the fridge.  Kaythxbye.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.