Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Short Ribs

paqman
paqman Posts: 4,660
Found a pack of huge boneless short ribs at Costco.

Rubbed with Schwartz's beef seasoning.

Smoked them for 4 hours @ 250F indirect.

Brushed some Worcestershire sauce once an hour.

Placed in an aluminium pan with 1/2 can of beef consommé and some Joe Beef steak sauce (HP or A1) would work.  Covered with foil.  Increased temperature to 325F for 1 hour.

This was really good.   I will do it again.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Good looking cook. Schwartz has a great rep., and Joe Beef likewise. Searching on the sauce name, found a nice recipe for it. Copied and saved.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @paqman - great looking cook as always.  Nailed it.
    First and last time I messed with the boneless short ribs I truly hosed it up to the point where I won't recycle that adventure for quite a while.  And yes there were copious adult supervisory beverages involved.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I missed the invite. Bravo sir!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    @pgprescott It would have been a long ride and aren't you busy with an eggfest?

paqman said:
    @pgprescott It would have been a long ride and aren't you busy with an eggfest?
    Might have to trek up ther some day. Busy, YES! Looks worth while though. Another great  post sir. This cult is full of great people.