Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Two Large Egg Table

Following up from my other thread on table design, I am happy to report that the eagle has landed. 

The table was custom built by Brian Zagorsky at Brian Alan Tables. She's 10 ft. long and 3 ft. deep. The table is only 26" high to make it easier for me to reach into the eggs as I am in a wheelchair. The eggs are also offset a few inches forward from center for the same reason.

Brian was wonderful to work with and answered the millions of questions I had. He was willing to customize the table so that it would work perfectly for me, which it does.

Shipped from CA as is. Will post shipping pictures later and a video of them unloading it from the truck. 900# shipping weight.

Looking forward to many wonderful cooks on it.

PS - apologies for the repost but I hate the way the first post looks in the original thread.
Two Large Eggs, 36" Blackstone, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in SE Florida - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• McStewMcStew Posts: 928
    Your table is awesome man! I will be sending this to a family member of mine as inspiration. Congrats and enjoy 
    Marina Del Rey CA 
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,084
    That sucker looks earthquake proof having been hatched in California. Sweet set-up and Ubatuba granite?

Nothing keeps an Egger down unless you're a weather wuss!  B)
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Beautiful table! 
    Snellville, GA

• Sweet100sSweet100s Posts: 425
    Beautiful @HofstraJet both day and night! 
    What is on the floor of your porch? 
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,157
    Very nice setup. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HofstraJetHofstraJet Posts: 1,123
    That sucker looks earthquake proof having been hatched in California. Sweet set-up and Ubatuba granite?

Nothing keeps an Egger down unless you're a weather wuss!  B)
    Thanks. Granite is SenSa Floresta Verde.

And let's hope it's hurricane proof. At 900# or so, I'm hoping so because moving it isn't easy, even with wheels. That's mostly due to the risk of breaking the granite top.
    Two Large Eggs, 36" Blackstone, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in SE Florida - My New Table
    Sweet100s said:
    Patio floor is just textured concrete. Was there something special you saw that you are asking about?
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,300
    That is amazing!  One of the coolest tables I've ever seen!  Wow!!!
  • NERVOUSNERVOUS Posts: 102
    Want
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • BrisketBobBrisketBob Posts: 144
    A beautiful thing.
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,292
    Very nice! Great amount of prep room on both sides.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • Nice setup. 
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,065
    Sweet100s said:
    Patio floor is just textured concrete. Was there something special you saw that you are asking about?

Probably the drain for pool

Tspud1 said:
    Sweet100s said:

Probably the drain for pool

Yeah - that channel is for the pool and rain overflow.
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,069
    Wow....what a beauty of a table.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 2,107
    Congratulations on the new table! Very nicely done. I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of it.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 6,013
    Absolutely beautiful.  Amazing table.  Enjoy!!!!!!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,383
    WOW!  That is very nice!
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WhataguyWhataguy Posts: 15
    HofstraJet - you have inspired me!!  After seeing your table and wanting to have an XL egg in addition to my L egg, I called Brian and we finalized a table with granite top, SS bottom shelf and one drawer.  It will fit perfectly, I'll send pics and a post when it's all set up.  Dang......that XL egg is heavy, just picked it up, will need two guys to move and assemble.  Good cooking to you!!
    1 - Lg Green Egg
    1 - X Lg Green Egg
    1 - Brian Alan table
    2 - DigiQ thermometers
    Lots of passion and alcohol
  • bhedges1987bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    That's awesome!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 2,019
    That looks awesome. Congrats.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Dayhumm that is awesome. I slow clapped it!

Cheers,

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • jak7028jak7028 Posts: 219
    Wow - hell of a table.  That is too nice for me to cook on.  I am afraid I would mess it up.  
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • jak7028jak7028 Posts: 219
    Sweet100s said:
    That concrete is very common around pools.  Low maintenance and has a texture so it isnt slippery.  

They spray a concrete surfacer out of a drywall hopper and splatter the surface on the floor, then come back and "knock it down" or flatten it, just like a "knock down" texture on a wall (very common in the south.) Then you seal over it with a solid color concrete stain to get the color you want. 
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone