Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fell asleep before the I got the fire dialed in...

Options

Looks like I'm gonna have to egg some Papa Murphey's pizza's for dinner. 

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ha ha. Nice

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Texag06ish
    Texag06ish Posts: 135
    Options
    I already made the wing sauce and everything. Womp, womp.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Hopefully it was an over-serve episode and not a medical deal.  Audibles build character...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Texag06ish
    Options
    LOL. We had Mexican food for brunch and I might have found my margarita limit. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    The Mickey recipe I see. =)
    A bit under cooked for The Mickey Amazing Wings I think
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Blackened Legs. Chef Paul Prudhomme would be proud. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    We all have those cooks. Just not the ballz to post them
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Bshults1
    Bshults1 Posts: 145
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    The Mickey recipe I see. =)
    A little undercooked for the Mickey recipe  =)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    What's the problem? A little char is good for the soul. I think they look great!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Texag06ish
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am pretty sure this is the first one for me. Even dating back to my gasser days
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice color for sure!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    I am pretty sure this is the first one for me. Even dating back to my gasser days
    Well then you are better than me
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Looks like damn near everything that I ever made on our old Char Burner gasser....
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Oops! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    I always tell people it's not burnt it's cajun
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    I made some like that once.

Bob
    Cooking on the coast
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Try it with the sauce!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's Argentine Mallmann charred "Little Hell" wings.  Looks great!

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Totally edible--. That's Louisiana blackened special---pay extra for that flavor
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I'd probably just scrape off the worst of the carbon and ENJOY eating them!  :)
  • Texag06ish
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs guys. Unfortunately, there was no salvageable meat.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    That looks like everything my dad ever grilled - exception of his mesquite smoked turkey breast.  We would definitely have eaten that in my house growing up.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    That reminds me of my first whole day cook on the egg. The missus had to wake me to complete the cook !!!! Hic... !!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    Years and years ago, my wife was making dinner (bone in pork chops) on our gasser. She is not the cook, lol. She was enjoying her book and wine while "grilling". When i got home from work I looked in the grill and saw that the bones were on fire. Just shut the lid and ordered take out. We still laugh about it.
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max