Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need dessert for a party I'm catering tomorrow night

Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
edited April 2016 in EggHead Forum
I'm in NOLA and will be driving the RV & Grocery Cart over to Tulane and cooking all day tomorrow and serving my Wife's class as they get out tomorrow night at 5:30pm. 

On the Grocery Cart I have the offset, a grill and a Griddle or stove with plenty of DO and skillets to work with.  Any ideas on a knockout dessert that doesn't require ice cream (no freezer, RV one is full)

Here is the menu Feeding about 50. I have way too much food I know.

ABTs 

Stuffed Mushrooms

CAB Prime Brisket 18lbs

Pork Butt - 2 butts

Ribs - 3 racks

Baked Beans

Mac And Cheese

Hawaiian Rolls

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Easy as hell, and you can bake in an egg, simple ingredients, etc.

galette

I can run my egg pretty neutral. I don't yet know how to do that with my offset. You think this can handle a little smoke?

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    absolutely

I would bake a chocolate chip cookie dough in a CI skillet. One bowl to mix or purchase pre made dough. Final product consistency is between a soft cookie and a brownie. The cookie is delicious warm by itself and even better topped with ice cream. 
    IL 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I've cooked these on an offset.  They handle smoke well.  The stuff that is sprinkeled on them is just brown sugar and cinnamon.  We served them at Salado this year and they were very popular.  Obviously, the cleaner the fire, the better and since these are best cooked around at 300-375 you don't have to choke the fire at all on the offset.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Texas Sheet Cake.... or do you need something you can "grill"?
  • nolaegghead

edited April 2016
    super easy, can be pre-made in square aluminum pans, and in most cases will cook with residual heat on shut down

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/18359/apple-enchilada-dessert/

for variety other fruits can be used also

topped with some spray can whipped cream, these are heaven!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2016
    I can run my egg pretty neutral. I don't yet know how to do that with my offset. 

Brother Grim, there are two ways to make your offset run neutral. One of them is super easy and simple. Run it on lump, charcoal or a mix of both. And only add a 1/2 split every hour or so if you chose to add a little smoke. It will run as neutral as any other grill or smoker by doing this. The second way is a little more involved but will work with a wood fire as long as you are not burning green wood. It's called forced/induced draft. It will run as clean as you want it to. A lot of big time pizza cookers that use wood as fuel employ this method. To explain it properly would take several pages of typing and is really beyond the scope of this writing. When time allows, swing by my house and I will show you my forced draft set up on Unit #9 and how to run it. The only problem with forced draft is fuel consumption is increased 5 fold and you must have access to electricity to run the motor. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    How about some peach cobbler in a dutch oven?  You could put the top on the DO if you are worried about smoke. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1160874/the-ultimate-peach-cobbler/p1

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Foghorn said:
    I've cooked these on an offset.  They handle smoke well.  The stuff that is sprinkeled on them is just brown sugar and cinnamon.  We served them at Salado this year and they were very popular.  Obviously, the cleaner the fire, the better and since these are best cooked around at 300-375 you don't have to choke the fire at all on the offset.
    I went to get the ingredients for these and found dried pineapple. So... I'm doing those awesome pineapple things from butt blast!!
  • Foghorn
    Nothing wrong with that plan.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    @Thatgrimguy- I hope you didn't get blown away by the weather.  It could not have been much worse...
    New Orleans LA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Those things that @foghorn mentioned are pretty good. He was cooking next to us at Salado, so I snagged a number of them. 

The peach cobbler feeds a crowd, and folks love it. Not a lot of labor involved either. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    caliking said:
    Those things that @foghorn mentioned are pretty good. He was cooking next to us at Salado, so I snagged a number of them. 

The peach cobbler feeds a crowd, and folks love it. Not a lot of labor involved either. 

@caliking, I think it was a two digit number...

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    edited May 2016
    Dondgc said:
    @Thatgrimguy- I hope you didn't get blown away by the weather.  It could not have been much worse...
    Dude it was terrible!! I got soaked, but the food was awesome and very well appreciated.  

Ended up doing a CAB Prime brisket, 2 butts, 6 racks of ribs, a tray of stuffed shrooms a tray of ABTs, tray of baked beans, tray of mac and cheese and a tray of the pineapple things (forgot to glaze them, they were still awesome) Fed 75 in the end. Not everyone got everything which made it even better because it made the shrooms and pineapples seem like mythical creatures.