Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about CI skillets

Options
I'm hoping someone can direct me to the best CI skillet for my LBGE.  After viewing some on line, I was hoping for a 14" skillet with the short handles on each side.  However, it seems that all skillets 14" and smaller have just one short handle and a long handle on the other side.  I have seen this with Lodge, as well as another brand carried by Cabela's. Unfortunately, that configuration on a 14" skillet is too large for the LBGE.  Yes, 12" will work, but I feel cheated with the wasted space taken up by the long handle.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
Naperville, IL

Comments

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    I have an XL and use a 12 inch skillet but lately have been looking at buying a half moon griddle. It'll give you more surface area but won't have those handles you want.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Handles can very easily be shortened with a mere hack saw. CI is soft metal so if you find a 14" you like then 5 minutes at most of sawing and you'll have yourself a custom fit pan! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    RRP said:
    Handles can very easily be shortened with a mere hack saw. CI is soft metal so if you find a 14" you like then 5 minutes at most of sawing and you'll have yourself a custom fit pan! 
    see?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    Got it...thanks!
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    What Ron said.  Cast iron cuts like butter.
    Options
    Lodge makes a 14" CI pizza pan with two small symmetrical handles that you can use as a skillet. I just bought one... fits the LBGE perfectly!
    LBGE | CyberQ | Adjustable Rig | SmokeWare Cap | Kick Ash Basket | Table Build | Tampa, FL
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited March 2016
    Options