Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick warranty question

Options
Do i have to go to the dealer that I had originally purchased the BGE from , or can I go to another local dealer ?
More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    any dealer that wants your future business will help you. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Call and ask the dealer you want to go to.  I would think they would want to help you and earn your future business.  I was also told by a local dealer that I can call headquarters for warranty issues.  The dealer I prefer doesn't ask for my purchase receipt or a serial number. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    Thank You :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • Beavercreek_Smoker
    Options
    Yea I just had a fire ring cracked. The store I bought it from stopped caring the egg and wouldn't help me. I contacted a different dealer and explained my situation, they were very nice to help me out. i just had to email a picture of the crack and give my purchase date. No receipt needed. It took a few months because I had to wait for there next order to come in or pay $100 shipping. I opted to wait and came in about 6 weeks but no problem as the cracked fire ring was usable.