Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Celebration

Options
My twin girls turn 10 tonight......wow.....where did the time go?  It seems like yesterday we were bringing them home from the hospital.  I have been blessed with GREAT kids.  Whenever I have one of those really tough days where I question what my purpose may be and why would God keep me in this world all I have to do is look at them and know my purpose is to be a father to these two beautiful girls and their older brother.
So I asked them what they wanted for dinner today - we can go out or I can cook.....whatever their hearts desire.  They talked for a few minutes and decided they want me to cook wings, asparagus, collard greens and mashed potatoes!?!?  Not at all what I was expecting but YES!!!  Guess I'm doing something right.

I'll post some pictures later today when I get everything going.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great family. Enjoy your time with them. Looking forward to the pics.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Since you are egging, consider finishing the birthday dinner with a ci chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream. Best wishes to your girls. Looking forward to pictures. 
    IL 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Congrats on your twins Birthday, hope they have fun like someone left the gate open.. Their request is amazing, looking forward to seeing some of the frivolity..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks fellas.  The one that chose asparagus said "it's my favorite food even though I don't like the way it makes my pee smell".   

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is really awesome man- congrats.  Happy birthday to your girls.  My oldest daughter turned 16 on the 8th.  Watching her get in a car and back out of the driveway has been difficult for her mom and I.  Man it makes me feel old.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Congrats to your girls! The power of love from family is amazing!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • chadpsualum
    Options
    Sounds awesome!  Congrats.  I don't have twins, but 1 9 year old daughter who is also turning 10 soon.  You're right...where does the time go?  Enjoy it!
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Congrats brother and happy birthday to those bright 10-year-olds!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    Awesome!

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Congrats.  Have a great celebration.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• rblarrcpa
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your girls.  Enjoy the meal.  Got two boys of my own.  One off at college, one a senior in HS.  Time goes fast!!  Can't wait for pics!
    XL & MiniMax
    “The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”
    Red Bank, NJ
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Wow blessed with twins. Good for you, and enjoy. Live everyday making it your best, and with your daughters, you already have a head start. Happy Birthday to your girls.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Sounds like the makings of a great evening.  Have a nice time.

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Some of he wings got a little char on them while I was inside talking too much so I ate those. Not nearly as burnt as they look in this picture.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Gracious that looks good.  I want that meal for my birthday too.  =)  Happy birthday to your baby girls!!  You are a blessed man.  
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Bring it on brother. You're welcome at my house anytime. I'll even cook. Thanks! 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I can really relate to the "where did the time go" thought. My youngest is off to college this fall. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Some of he wings got a little char on them while I was inside talking too much so I ate those. Not nearly as burnt as they look in this picture.
    Looks awesome!!  Crust, not "char" my friend ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That's just beautiful. Happy birthday to your girls!
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sounds like good times.  Congrats on your kids not wanting McDonalds.  ;)