Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BGE Spoonrest - posted by request

chucklschuckls Posts: 399
edited 6:16PM in EggHead Forum
spoonrest2.jpg
<p />eggor, thanks for posting the pics of John and his scampi, taken at the Lazy L Minifest. Great pics, great scampi![p]So per your request, here are a couple of pictures of the BGE spoonrest that I'm making for eggers. This one's for Papa Q, I'll hand deliver at the Frisco BBQ competition later this month.[p]Here's another shot of the spoonrest. It's made with art glass - I cut the pieces by hand, then fuse them together at 1400 degrees F. After that, I add the hand lettering (available in pure gold, platinum, or copper) and slump the spoonrest in a mold I made, this time at 1200 degrees F. The result is a nice little piece of personalized artwork, that is functional as well.[p]
spoonrest1.jpg
[p][p]If you're interested, drop me a line at [email protected][p]Chuck[p]

Comments

• chuckls,[p]That thing is sweet![p]Looking mighty good and very funtional!!![p]Class act!

• WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey Chuck, that's pretty cool.[p]John

• Yo chuckls,[p]That thing is pretty nifty. Where would I go to have something like that made locally if I were to want different designs and whatnot?[p]Thanks,
    Matt.

• chucklschuckls Posts: 399
    South O,
    If you want to find something like that locally, you'll want to look up a hot glass artist that does fusing and slumping. Or, just drop me an email, I'd be happy to help.[p]Happy Eggin'
    Chuck

WooDoggies,[p]Hey, thanks, they're fun to make and it gives me something to take my mind off of work for a while...[p]Chuck
  • chuckls,[p]Ever hear of Higgins Glass? They were famous for their fused glass. I have a large collection of their pieces. It's a nice hobby.
  • South O,[p]Like with your FE on it?? ;-)
    Scottie,[p]Actually I'm not the artist in the family (tho I play on on the forum). My wife is the hot glass artist, but I find I have a lot of fun playing with her toys (like ovens and glass cutters and stuff) so I thought I'd make these spoon rests.[p]I myself haven't heard of Higgins Glass but maybe she has. Just for grins here's a link to her website.[p]Happy Eggin'
    Chuck

[ul][li]Gray Parrot Glass Studio[/ul]
  • chuckls,[p]Here is a link for the Higgins Glass.
    [ul][li]Higgins Glass[/ul]
    Scottie,
    Wow! That is some beautiful work! Incredible pieces.
    Thanks for the link,
    Chuck

• WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    chuckls,[p]Are you thinking about making them to order? This crowd would likely keep you very very busy..... dont you think?[p]John
    WooDoggies,[p]Yup, made to order! Send me an email & I'll make one 'specially for you!
    Chuck

• chuckls,[p]I get a lot off of ebay as well. That is where you can find their older stuff. They're pretty famous for their work.