Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griswold 1, me 0

Options
TN_Egger
TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
edited November 2015 in EggHead Forum
After getting all the gunk and crud cleaned off, I discovered a small crack in the chicken pan.   :s  Oh well, it was only a buck. 
Signal Mountain, TN

Comments

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Plant some herbs in it.or just finish it and hang out on the wall.  Maybe you can use the lid on something else. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I bet the lid is more valuable than the pan with that model.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    I would say no frying chicken in that. But I don't see any reason why you can't use it on top of the coals to get a nice sear on your steak. I actually have that same chicken pan, but I have never used it. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The lid alone was worth the price! 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    I would say no frying chicken in that. But I don't see any reason why you can't use it on top of the coals to get a nice sear on your steak. I actually have that same chicken pan, but I have never used it. 
    Agree! Love a good sear 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    That blows those deep chicken fryers are nice. 
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Agree.....  That lid can fetch a good $100 around here.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I had right at 500 pieces of Griswold at one time and I would use that pan in a heart beat.... Would not use it with a lot of oil to fry fish/chicken but like others have said searing a steak or baking cornbread, baking biscuits and the like would be no problem. If it was in great condition it would be best to not use it as it could be damaged and then the value would be lost. I never used any of my Griswold that was in great condition because a collector is only interested in pristine pieces, no cracks, rust pits, grinder marks from removing rust, like china collectors never want a chip no matter how small it is. You got a very nice find at an awesome price and I'm jealous! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer