Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

25 Hour Brisket Chili... And it will be done again!

Options
Well, did my first briski on Friday.  It took almost 19 hours as I recall.  It turned out great, despite some mess ups on my part.  I fell asleep and the temp dropped to 192.  I over corrected and it went up to 290.  Live and learn.  Thanks to the quality of meat, it was still amazing.

The best part though, was the chili made today.  I know chili is a personal thing, much like politics and religion.  However to my taste this came out really great.  Combined with some still-warm home made bread and it was a meal I wished I could have just kept eating.

As a side note, I warmed up the food saver'd brisket in warm water.  It came out just as good as when it was fresh.  I had expected a big deterioration, but it was abundantly juicy and tasty.

Phoenix 

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    It all all looks good to me. Congrats on the brisket. I have yet to do one on the egg.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks amazing- both the brisket and the chili. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    Looks good. I have some brisket in the freezer I plan to make chili with...just waiting for thr temp to drop some more  
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Looks great! I've got some leftover flat I need to turn into chili... just waiting on this Texas weather to turn cold.

My brisket in the freezer is much like yours, this cook was a disaster, temp dropped, then spiked... but turned out quite nice.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby