Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating pulled pork

Options
when you reheat pulled pork how do you do it

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    this very topic got kicked around yesterday. You might want to read the responses here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1186732/cooling-and-reheating-butts#latest
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I just put the pulled pork in a crock pot or roaster and add some water or better yet se chicken broth and gently reheat it in this very moist environment. Sometimes I add a little vinegar sauce in lieu of the broth. Hard to screw it up. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Get yourself a vacuum sealer and just drop a bag in hot water. Keeps it from drying out, and is pretty much an essential if you do a lot of BBQ.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    There is no way to reheat so its as good as fresh cooked. There just isn't. If you come up with a good solution, please post it here. I haven't yet found a way to do it and I've tried every way I have heard of. I even called The Skylight Inn in NC and asked what they suggested. He said... "eat it before it cools off!"

Of all the ways I've tried, the absolute WORST is heating it with Coke. The best is in a saucepan with a little Eastern NC vinegar sauce. Too bad I can't eat 6 or 8 lbs of butt at one sitting.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options

Of all the ways I've tried, the absolute WORST is heating it with Coke. 
    Of course, Michael! I wouldn't expect anything other that that from you! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BIll-W221
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Get yourself a vacuum sealer and just drop a bag in hot water. Keeps it from drying out, and is pretty much an essential if you do a lot of BBQ.

This has been working great for me, been getting the water to 140 and just putting the bag in for 15 or 20 minutes.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    RRP said:

Of all the ways I've tried, the absolute WORST is heating it with Coke. 
    Of course, Michael! I wouldn't expect anything other that that from you! 
    hahaha... Likewise.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    The water bath reheat works great for sides as well. I'll throw a bag of Mac and Cheese in at the same time as pork or brisket. 
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    CTMike said:

This has been working great for me, been getting the water to 140 and just putting the bag in for 15 or 20 minutes.
    Ditto
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I purposely make a lot of butts at a time and package and vacuum seal. The BEST and ONLY way. 
  • tactical_66
    Options
    CTMike said:
    This is what I do. It taste's just like it did fresh off the egg. 
  • n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    Options
    CTMike said:
    This is what I do. It taste's just like it did fresh off the egg. 
    Same here, works great!
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota