Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

moisture trapped in egg

Options
BigGreenBamaGriller
BigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 629
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
We moved from Birmingham to the Shoals (northwest Alabama) in March. Since we moved up here, the insides of my Eggs have been wet-ish a few days after use. The leftover lump is hard to light, and if I don't use an egg for a few weeks (I have 4 eggs; it happens), the grate will even be moldy, and the egg will drip brown water out of the daisy wheel for the first 30 minutes of use.

Anyone have any experience with this problem, or any tips?
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    after you extinguish the lump, maybe the next day, open the bottom vent a little to allow some air circulation....  Its inevitable that in hot, humid environments, we will get a little funk in the egg if not used regularly!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    my egg in maine seems to be always wet during the mud season, march thru december =)  i sometimes light it and dry it out on friday for the weekends use. your not getting the ooze thru the ceramics, thats when its really wet, my green egg turns brown filthy, most here would not cook on it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it