Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sandusky 107L cooler cheap $120 shipped With Prime at Amazon now - yeti competitor

Options
im not claiming it's a yeti, ok?

but it's cheap compared to other sellers right now on Amazon, and worth a look... Shipped free with Prime..

http://www.amazon.com/Sandusky-MC102L-Marine-Cooler-Capacity/dp/B00B43EOUY

You have to click the coupon button.  Hope this helps someone!
8-damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I think there is a joke here with the product name....
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I am about to Sandusky a beer
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm in for one.
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I'd use the other end if I were you. 
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I just pulled the trigger on buying one of these today. $111.68 and I should have it by July 7
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    im not claiming it's a yeti, ok?

but it's cheap compared to other sellers right now on Amazon, and worth a look... Shipped free with Prime..

http://www.amazon.com/Sandusky-MC102L-Marine-Cooler-Capacity/dp/B00B43EOUY

You have to click the coupon button.  Hope this helps someone!
    8-damien

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered one today.
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Damn that seems like a hell of a deal, normally $457 and down to $118 after free shipping and rebates...very tempting... :pensive: Anyone know anything about these?
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Ok I am in for one.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    Damn that seems like a hell of a deal, normally $457 and down to $118 after free shipping and rebates...very tempting... :pensive: Anyone know anything about these?
    I started along those lines, but then I thought about it.  If it doesn't perform at a high level, it won't be much more than a big old plastic box for $118.  The only review I can find says the seal is not water tight and that's concerning for a cooler supposedly designed to keep ice for a week.

107L is giant!  Or, it should be at least if you compare to the Pelican coolers.  The specs seem to measure the dimensions smaller than I would have expected. 

I'll be curious to hear from anyone that has purchased!
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Am I missing something? Where's teh coupon button?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @cssmd27 Yeah I agree with everything you said, wish it had some more reviews.

@GriffinRight in the middle of the page near the specs, its a grey button. The price doesn't update until you put it in your cart.

XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Am I missing something? Where's teh coupon button?
    It showed up at check out for me, I went with the cheap shipping and my total was 111.68 total.
  • chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Obviously by my handle I'm a Penn State Alum but I have to say that I giggled (a lot) when I read this (and I'm probably going to Hell now because of it).  
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Looks like the deal is dead. Hope some of you enjoy your coolers lemme know how they work out...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Grillmagic
    Options
    Looks like the deal is dead. Hope some of you enjoy your coolers lemme know how they work out
    I ordered mine around 11:00AM Michigan time today and received a email confirmation immediately saying it went through.
  • billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    I'm in for one.
    Is thr promotion over? I can't get the 8-damien code to work.
  • Hotch
    edited July 2015
    Options

Well mine is going back. After 1 day of use at the 4Th of July Parade yesterday, both the front and back are delaminated from what ever the insulation is. I can push in and there is an air gap. I had bottled water with 4 bags of ice. Looked this morning and almost all water. Now just need to find a big a$$ box to send this back in.

Next one will be made in USA. 

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Yeeeee-ouch...  Sorry man...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Hotch
    Options
    Yeeeee-ouch...  Sorry man...
    No worries. Amazon Prime. Done deal. All in the quest for a deal !!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    Mine is supposed to be here between the seventh and the 10th, I am expecting mine to work for years to come!
  • Grillmagic
    Options

Sorry for bumping this but has anyone else that bought one received there's and if so how is it? I need a cooler and was hoping this was a good find! now I'm not sure.

• Grillmagic
    Options
    It came today, it's very big and heavy and has labels at both ends sugguesting 2 people lift it. It arrived in pretty good shape with no info/paper work in a flimsy box which I intend to keep in case I have to send it back as the hinges are very cheap. I won't get a chance to use it for a couple weeks but plan on testing it with just putting in a bag of ice and seeing how long it last. I will let you know if it was worth 111.00 dollars
  • Hotch
    Options
    Start with at least 40-60lb of ice. Then set it outside in the sun. ThAt is what i did. I think we opened it 3-4 times. Then check in 24 hours.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I got mine the other day. Haven't used it yet.  Looks nice....I might just use it as dry storage on my boat based on what @Hotch experienced.  I have way to many coolers already but have a hard time passing up deals.
    Options
    I got mine the other day. Haven't used it yet.  Looks nice....I might just use it as dry storage on my boat based on what @Hotch experienced.  I have way to many coolers already but have a hard time passing up deals.
    Careful. One of the posts above stated that lid isn't watertight. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Hotch
    Options
    Careful. One of the posts above stated that lid isn't watertight. 

The seal on the lid is an easy fix. Just add to what is there and should be tight enough.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Grillmagic
    Options
      Here is an update on this cooler, I filled and froze the ice insert and put a 20 pound bag of ice in at 10 AM on Sunday and stored some water and beer in it that were already cold to begin with and here is the amount of ice left 3 days later (about enough to fill a 16 oz glass) The latches on the cooler appear to be the cheapest latches they could possibly fined and for sure will need to be replaced soon.  Here's a good example of you get what you pay for.  For 111.00 dollars I guess it's fine but I would not buy another one.