Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef back ribs-just because. Great groceries

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,322
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
Don't post many cooks but here are couple of pics of a pedestrian beef back rib cook. 250*F (dome) for around 5 1/2 hrs.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Looks like a nice smoke ring!!  How are the back ribs for tenderness compared to a shortie??

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @Mattman3969-I bounce between the back and short ribs.  The back ribs seem more tender but I think that's partly because you can't chomp down on a healthy chunk of beef like you can with the shorties.  I'm sure the cut has a lot to do with it as well.  
    Regardless. beef ribs are an order of magnitude better than their pork cousins.  And that's how another flame war gets ignited. :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Totally agree with the beef being so much better than their pork cousins. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.