Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3rd Time is the Charm....

bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

For the last few years, I've had one large BGE. This spring I thought I would get a second large for bigger family cooks and dual temps. Now I picked up a mini. I hope this new egg addiction comes to a close soon. I also got a KAB for my mini. I figure I will use the mini to burn up the leftover lump from my larges.
My neighbor is going to borrow one of my larges. I figure a few cooks and he will be buying one also.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Nice, beautiful setup.  I gotta ask though.  Do you have any problems with insects/ants with the setup that close to the woods and foliage?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    How do you like the Mini? My wife rolls her eyes when I tell her that I want another egg. 
    Dallas, TX
  • bigguy136
    edited June 2015
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice, beautiful setup.  I gotta ask though.  Do you have any problems with insects/ants with the setup that close to the woods and foliage?
    Thanks.
     I've had my set-up for two years and no problems.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• tisoypops
    tisoypops Posts: 267
    My wife does the same thing @TN2TX
    LBGE | Conroe, TX
  • bigguy136
    I was rolling my eyes also but using it over the weekend I love it. I put about 1 lb of lump in and have cooked on it 3 times at 350 deg. 10 minutes, it's up to temp. For one or two people, it's perfect.
    TN2TX said:
    How do you like the Mini? My wife rolls her eyes when I tell her that I want another egg. 

Big Lake, Minnesota