Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some recent cooks

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
Been bad at posting up any Egg cooks lately. Here's  a few recent ones.

The first is Planked Salmon with a Lemon Mustard Glaze. The recipe came from Steven Raichlen's Man Made meals which he sent me as an apology for using my pics without permission. Not the first recipe I would have tried out, but we just happened to have salmon on hand. Wasn't bad, but wasn't very lemony and it made a stupid amount of glaze. Next time I would just mix the mayo, mustard and lemon peel to taste. Can't 'member if there was anything else in it.

Weather has been great lately. We don't always want BBQ. Fried shrimp is one of my top ten foods, I think and doing it outside keeps the house from smelling. Plus its fun. I know @Mickey and @Dyal_SC like to fry on their Eggs but I like using my propane/turkery fryer thingee.
Sunday the wife wanted pizza. With no warning. No time to do one of the doughs we like that need a 24 hour fermentation minimum, so store bough dough to the rescue. Was ok. Honestly, we haven't done a pizza on the Egg in ages. We've been doing them in the house, but really we haven't been making pizza much. I've gotta watch what I eat a lot these days.

I figure that's probably enough pictures for one post. Y'all probably don't wanna see any kiddo pictures anyway. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    It's alright this tis time. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Looks good Griff
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Excellent cooks... Pie looks great
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Looks like a great time!
    McKinney, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Those shrimp are calling my name!   
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Looking good 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    That salmon doesn't look half bad.  The finished product surprised me a bit seeing how much glaze was on there.  What were your times and temps?  It really looks like it firmed up quite well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, especially the shrimp. My neighbor built an electric brew kettle but still has his propane burners. We're planning to do a deep fried party this summer where everything is fried. Shrimp will definitely be included.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Fry 'til you die - we do this every year on our annual fishing trip.  I can't look at fried food for weeks after, but it's fun.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Some fine lookin' eats, Grif! But where's Duke??

@DMW - make sure you throw some hot dogs in the fryer (Chicago thing) and some Twinkies. Deep fried Twinkies are about the best deep fried thing I can remember.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.