Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick Temp Controller

Options
Got an email this AM about a Maverick Temp Controller from the BBQ Equip Store. It appears to be an adjustable flap type controller and says it is for Weber type grills. Because of the way it appears to be built I am making the assumption (possibly wrong) that it just sits atop the vent. I ma curious if it has a recess on the base to be used on the Egg, but it seems likely not. Has anyone seen one in the flesh? The description says it fits over 5" vents so I believe it would fall off when the Egg is opened, but with temp monitoring it shouldn't need to be opened. $ 24.95 according to post, I am just going to order one to see what it is.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I *think* @fishlessman has one he uses on his Vision Kub.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i do use one on my kub and have done overnighters with it, does not fit my eggs. bbq guru's first controller unit works similarly but they havent made it in maybe 15 years, i do use that one still and its a much better unit, uses what looks to be an automotive coolant temp spring, have only seen two over the years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    Well, I've already got one coming so will have to build an adapter I guess. Will report back at a later date.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa