Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP inspired me

Options

Saw RRP's post about Georgia Red Wings and thought this might be good with the skinless chicken breast I have thawed.  Marinated for 51 hours by the time they hit the egg.  Love the flavor....AWESOME...just AWESOME.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    That is an interesting twist! I bet for other folks cutting breasts into strips before the soak would also work! Thanks for the idea!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is a long marinade. I bet the wait was worth it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That is a long marinade. I bet the wait was worth it. 
    I agree it is, and in second thought I would amend my comment about the breast strips to a shorter period of say 30 hours or so, since there is no skin and no bones. Once years ago I let my wings go an extra 24 hours beyond the 54 hours and I found that in 78 hours the lemon had already done a number on the chicken! I then read about that issue and found in fact that chicken in lemon juice does "cook" and turns hard after too long of a period of time.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ThrasherIII
    ThrasherIII Posts: 252
    Options
    has anyone used this recipe with say a spat chock chicken? boneless thighs are great, bone-in thighs are also great. Here the white meat dilemma has been solved. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I thought for a moment you had become a Farrier..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Or a multi billionaire =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    You could always take it further and bread the strips before frying. Bet that would be money. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    :rofl:
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Or you could just make a gravy out of the chicken then bread and fry that.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95