Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brined Turkey Legs

It has been a while since I checked in, but I'm still eggin'.

My last cook, last week, was a pair of thick ribeyes that were fantastic!  My wife was very impressed, and so I am a happy guy.  Tomorrow I will cook some turkey legs and thighs that I have just put in a mild salt & sugar brine.  Never done brined turkey before, but the brined chicken I did earlier this year was 'the best ever'.  I have attached photos of the ribeye and the turkey legs in brine, looks like a high school science exhibit (cow's eye), or a mad scientist lab...
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments

• Not sure I could do the glass jar, it is science classish.

good luck
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • Turkey Drumsticks and Thighs on the Big Green Egg today was a success from the perspective of a delicious, moist, tender version of turkey.  But I like the oven turkey better!  This was a brined turkey experiment, over lump charcoal, and my wife thought the thigh was very good.  I was less impressed by my drumstick.  It was tender and moist, sure, but I missed some flavour that I was expecting...not quite like oven turkey.  I read an article about brining that mentioned that...http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/11/the-food-lab-the-truth-about-brining-turkey-thanksgiving.html.  Maybe that was it.  Or maybe after I get past the smoke in my nose while cooking I will be more able to taste what I am after.
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR