Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

American Flag Handle

Options
I'm thinking about making an American Flag handle for my XL.  In order to machine it easily it is pretty big, 7.75" X 3.75".  I'm thinking that is going to look awkward being so big.  

What do you think?
Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    It's a big country. I am sure it will look fine! Thank you for your patriotism!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have a beer tap handle on my egg and it's almost too heavy. It sometimes wants to close the lid when open. A few more oz. and the lid wouldn't stay open on it's own. So keep the weight in mind when building it. I would hate for you to spend all your time and craftsmanship and than the lid won't stay upright
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • butert
    butert Posts: 202
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That is a good point @WeberWho? .  What are the rough dimentions of your handle?
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I have a beer tap handle on my egg and it's almost too heavy. It sometimes wants to close the lid when open. A few more oz. and the lid wouldn't stay open on it's own. So keep the weight in mind when building it. I would hate for you to spend all your time and craftsmanship and than the lid won't stay upright

That is a great point...never crossed my mind about the weight.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    butert said:

That is a good point @WeberWho? .  What are the rough dimentions of your handle?

1” x 2” x 10 7/8”
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota