Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving turkey (Breasts)

I've always smoked a whole turkey but this time I'm doing a couple of breasts. First time smoking breasts and looking for some ideas/suggestions for rub or any other preparations you may have used.
Eggo in N. MS

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    edited November 2014
    I recently did a simple salt, sugar, water brine for an hour and air dried for two. I soaked dried rosemary, sage and salt in oil for 15 minutes and rubbed all over the breast. I used two large hunks of cherry and one hickory (many folks warn against the strength of hickory, but my previous attempts had a lame smoke profile). I cooked for about 90 minutes at 300 until it registered 160. Perfect. I'm doing the same for Thanksgiving. 

Consider making stock from the bones, even if you don't have much on them. Smoked stock is a fantastic base for many soups. 

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia