Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork (chunks?)

Options
daffy1909
daffy1909 Posts: 498
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Wanna do pork tonite, remember seeing a posts here a while ago instead of pulled pork, just cut into chunks, put them in a foil pan with BBQ sauce, and back on the egg for an hour or so. Does this sound right to any one? I guess it like burnt ends. Any suggestions? :D

Comments

• marysvilleegger
    Options
    Saw this done at porkopolis this year. Looked awesome! He said he used boneless butt and after smoking to about 180 he completely cooled it before chunking and putting back on egg with sauce for a couple hours. Let us know if u do it. It's on my list of cooks.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    That is chopped pork not real pulled pork

yeah north Carolina peeps i went there..lol
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Sounds like a loin cut.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @badinfluence
    Now you did it. We will see the chop vs pulled camp emerge here soon I think. :)

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @daffy1909‌
    If you are going to cut chunks with a knife you can pull and chunk anywhere from 160-170 and you will be perfect. If you are going to pull chunks by hand take it on up to 180-185. Why? It will make hand chunking far more manageable. Personally I prefer to chunk with a knife at 160 as there is less moisture loss with this method in my opinion. After chunking pan it up and finish cooking to your desired target temp. Hope this my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    Thanks everyone, gonna try it tomorw! Will post pics and info! Cheers! =D>