Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mustard Planked Salmon

Dave_MatthewsDave_Matthews Posts: 201
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
I tried this today for lunch:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe.html

Very nice.  I only had a country style Dijon mustard, including cracked mustard seed, and that made up for not getting much of a crust.
no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,738
    Nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• wbradkingwbradking Posts: 351
    I do a salmon like that. Mix honey, mustard and a little butter and slather on the fish. Then top with some panko bread crumbs mixed with some parsley and egg. It makes a wonderful crust on top.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Wife took pictures again!
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Love that shot of the Salmon p0rn!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Just had some cold leftover salmon. Good fish taste, a little sweet but perfectly balanced by the mustard. Great charcoal smoke flavor with a bit of the mesquite remnants from the prior cook. (This is the third cook from a single loading of lump charcoal. The BGE is great for that.)
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Looks great! The wife and I have salmon all the time. Love the slight smokey flavor and crispy skin.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH