Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone make Poutine on their Egg

Options
I am curious to see if anyone has made Poutine on their BGE.
Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    :-??
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    edited August 2014
    Options
    A Canadian specialty.  I believe it may have first started in Montreal.  http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/eating-poutine/story?id=24969786.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Not sure how one would make a poutine on the egg... You need french fries, cheese curds and gravy to make a poutine. Maybe toss potatoes in oil and bake them on the egg? The egg is not the right tool for that...

BTW, poutine originates from Drummondville or Warwick.

Options
    theres a wood fired pizza place near me that roasts the tiny new potatoes, halves them and adds the cheese, bakes and then adds the gravey, not bad, all cooked in the wood oven.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I don't know if I would poutine the effort of doing it on the egg. Inside works just fine.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sure it could be done in the egg but I don't see any benefits.

The fries for this one were deep fried in duck fat and it is topped with foie gras.

It's from a small "cabane à patate" on l'île d'Orléans right next to Québec city.

Heaven in a plate.

Options
    paqman said:
    Sure it could be done in the egg but I don't see any benefits. The fries for this one were deep fried in duck fat and it is topped with foie gras. image It's from a small "cabane à patate" on l'île d'Orléans right next to Québec city. Heaven in a plate.

You just killed me with that pic. I don't even like fries but I would eat a triple order of that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I don't know if I would poutine the effort of doing it on the egg. Inside works just fine.

Just like wokking on the egg. What is the sense?
  • Camben
    Camben Posts: 24
    Options
    I wonder how many people that stuff sent to the ER with chest pains... Lol, looks great though
    LG BGE, plate setter, highQ grate, Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier rack, Smokeware SS vent cap, BBQ GURU Party Q, super fast Ravens purple Thermapen and Maverick ET-732