Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally got around to trying SGH's bacon wrapped mashed potato stuffed meatloaf (Lotsa pics)

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum

So I was several drinks deep by the time I started this so what I wanted to happen was put several layers on the bacon then roll it up and it be actually wrapped in bacon. Turns out I added too much stuffing for that. Started with 2.5 pounds of costco's organic ground beef and a pound of sausage mixed with colored peppers and onions and seasoned with cow lick, bad byrons and susie q's. Cooked a weave of Costco's apple wood thick cut bacon then did a layer of the meat, layer of sour cream and chive pototoes, asparagus, then cheese. i was kinda mad it wouldn't close but everything cooked up fine since luckily I had a fairly sturdy surface I rolled i on. Thanks for the idea @SGH this is a fairly simple but fun cook and it tastes pretty darn good.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That looks wonderful! I bet it was so good. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Thanks it was really good. I had alot of spare ingredients so I mixed the mashed potatoes into the meat and added cheese and made a huge meatloaf also. Gonna hit my red meat limit this week.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that looks so great.  I don't know why I haven't done this yet.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    That looks insanely awesome..Well done, thats a real gut buster.. :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Looks awesome
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Nice.  I like how you cooked the bacon first so you'd have a crisp bacon shell and not half cooked soggy bacon.

Now I want some bacon.

Bacon!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice Job, Lit.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Glad that you enjoyed it my friend. It's one of our favorites. Looks par excellent to me. Nice job!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    There is no red meat limit (right SGH?). Just kidding. You are a meat eating machine!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @tulocay‌
    The more meat the better!! The sky is the limit my friend?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tulocay
    Options
    @SGH‌ Yessir, the sky is the limit. Are you coming to Marietta in September for the Whole Hawg BBQ? Are you bringing that beast of a smoker? If so, let me know. I will stop by and say hello.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @tulocay‌
    If brother Nola is free he and I are coming together. Would be my honor to meet you . I don't know if I'm bringing the big quad cooker or a single. It just depends on how many hogs Nola wants us to turn out.

Status- Standing by.

• GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    Looks great , cut me off a slice
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • tulocay
    Options
    @SGH‌ I look forward to meeting you and Nola should the opportunity present itself.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @tulocay‌
    The honor will be mine my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Lit‌
    And remember that you can stuff them with about any thing that you want. Someone recently posted one stuffed with macaroni and cheese that looked phenomenal. That's next on my list to try. Again yours looks excellent and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Oh just for the record there is no such of a thing as a red meat limit my friend ! :D
    Eat big or not at all!!

Status- Standing by.